Botulinum therapy for wrinkle reduction
This treatment is commonly known as Botox
Déjà Vu Aesthetics uses Bocouture® as it contains a purified protein that when injected into the muscle temporarily blocks nerve signals from reaching the muscle and therefore relaxes, softens and smoothes the skin giving it a younger look. Botulinum gained approval for cosmetic use in the UK in July 2010 and is marketed for this indication, with dosing specific to treat the glabellar area (frown lines), under the brand name Bocouture®.
Bocouture® is an innovative Botulinum type A formulation, in which the complexing proteins have been removed by an extensive purification process from the Botulinum toxin complex. In contrast to other commercially available preparations, Bocouture® contains the pure 150 kD neurotoxin.
This means that Bocouture® is able to provide similar results to those achievable with the other products without the risk of antibody formation, providing continual long lasting effects.
As a minute quantity of the protein is injected into the skin and most people return to normal activities straight away. This treatment can been used to treat existing lines caused by the natural aging process or as a preventative measure in younger people to prevent lines and therefore early signs of ageing.
Who should not have Bocouture® treatment?
- Individuals with a known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
- Patients who have generalised disorders of muscle activity (e.g. myasthenia gravis).
- Patients where aminoglycoside antibiotics or spectinomycin are already being used or are likely to be used.
- Patients who have bleeding disorders of any type.
- Pregnant or lactating women.