Lip Augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that can give you fuller, plumper lips with definition and shape if needed. These days, an injectable dermal filler is the most commonly used method of lip augmentation. There are many types of dermal fillers that can be injected into your lips and around your mouth. But the most common fillers today contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It helps to increase the volume and shape of your lips.Full lips with an accentuated border have often been associated with beauty. The effects typically last around six to twelve months in the lips. After that more injections may be needed to keep the shape and volume of your lips.
How to enhance your lips
The art of lip enhancement is the creation of beautifully shaped lips and ensuring that lips do not look “done”.
Tips for lips
- Consider an initial cautious approach to your treatment, you can gradually build the effect you wish to achieve with subsequent top up treatments.
- Remember that your lips should look balanced and in proportion to each other, pretty but not done with a pout.
- When planning lip enhancement, factor in some downtime. Lips do swell afterwards and it can take a few days for the treatment to settle.
Uses of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers when enhancing lips
Hyaluronic acid fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding:
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips. The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
- Control over lip volume. The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the practitioner has better control over how much lip volume is created.
- Gradual pace of treatment. The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
- Bumps dissolve easily. Any lumps and bumps created by movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
- Less bruising. There may be less bruising and swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
- Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent.
- Allergic reaction unlikely. Because hyaluronic acid fillers are made from substances similar to those found in the body, they are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. But if you are allergic to lidocaine, tell your practitioner before being treated.